Line Cook – We offer competitive wages & a busy, fun environment.
We are a family-owned Diner chain, based in the western and southern suburbs of Pittsburgh. We offer our employees, with good performance a chance to see pay increases in as little as two weeks.
Bob’s Diner Enterprises Inc. has three location, two operating, in Carnegie and Kennedy Township, and 1 in the process of reopening in Castle Shannon. We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We are known for our food being consistently excellent and served efficiently.
· Our customers are loyal with high expectations, that we are used to meeting.
· We believe everyone is responsible for those customers happiness. Front of the house, and back of the house, work together to make sure of it.
The Position: We are looking for LINE COOKS. The pay range we are offering is $12-$15 based on experience.
· We offer frequent pay increases with proven abilities and dedication.
· Paid vacation, after one years’ service.
· Flexible scheduling, days, nights, weekends, part time, full time.
· Line cook experience. Would love to have 2 years of experience in a busy kitchen.
· Must be able to communicate clearly, and calmly with managers, kitchen and dining personal.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift, up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work, standing for extended periods of time.
· Have transportation to work.
· Ability to work at more than one location a plus.
· Be 100% responsible for the quality of Products served.
· Maintain clean and sanitary workspace.
· Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, vegetables, egg dishes, and other food items, on all types of kitchen equipment.
The Location: 211 Mansfield Blvd. Carnegie PA, and 1815 McKees Rocks Rd. McKees Rocks, PA are our currently open locations. Will be reopening, Grove Road, on the boarder of Castle Shannon, and Bethel Park.
Why Should You Apply?
· You are a great cook and should be making our great food.
· We are a growing company and you can grow with us.
Go to our website, to learn more about us, and apply online. Or stop into our Carnegie, or Kennedy locations to say hello and pick up an application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers are required to wear a mask, curbside pickup available, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, etc…
- Cooking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place