$40,000 – $60,000 a year Job Type Full-time Number of hires for this role 5 to 10
- Pest Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Wildlife Service Technician
Looking for a career, not just another job?
We are looking for people who enjoy working with customers, are detail oriented, and like to problem solve. This is a fast-paced environment where every day is different.
We are looking to add a Wildlife Technician to our successful team.
As a wildlife technician you will provide corrective, preventative, and exclusion services to help customers with nuisance wildlife control problems. This will include trapping, relocating and/or removing animals that occupy residential and commercial structures. (Some animals must be euthanized by law).
Wildlife includes but is not limited to squirrels, raccoons, bats, groundhogs, skunks, foxes, mice and rats. If you are a hunter, this would be perfect for you.
This job most likely may require ladder work and entering small spaces such as attics or crawl spaces. A background in a service technician, laborer, construction (home repairs including soffit & fascia), or handyman role would be a possible match for candidates.
This job is for an independent worker.
Candidates must be organized and self-disciplined.
All candidates must be able to work one (predetermined) weekend day and have a day off during the week. Candidates possessing a nuisance wildlife permit or previous wildlife experience a huge plus.
* Meet with customers to explain services and provide estimates.
* Inspect and identify problems or potential problems that could lead to wildlife gaining entry into structures.
* Capture nuisance wildlife in an urban and/or suburban setting.
* Perform basic exclusion and repair work to areas where nuisance wildlife have entered or damaged structures. Repairs may include using hand tools, sheet metal, screening, roof repairs, chimney caps, and caulking.
* Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and equipment.
* Work independently while staying organized
* Able to lift and carry 80lbs
* Clean + Valid PA driver’s license necessary
* Must be able to work one weekend day. (Sat or Sun will be predetermined,)
* Detail oriented * Good communication and customer service skills
* Must be able to move a ladder with a minimum height of 32 feet and place it on a building and climb the ladder*
* Must not be afraid of heights*
** Must be capable of entering small spaces like attics and crawl spaces.
Company’s Facebook page: